Wednesday, April 6, 2011

End of Co-op at Dive VFX -- 3.25.2011

Today marks the end of my 6 month internship at Dive VFX. It’s sort of a bitter-sweet kind of feeling at the moment. I’m a bit excited to get back to classes and doing some 3D work, but I’ve also enjoyed my time here as well. I had a great experience at Dive, and although I didn’t quite work on anything in regards to “production” like I do at Drexel, I definitely learned a good deal of stuff regarding post-production and editing. Just kind of soaking things in really does allow you to almost open your eyes to the industry, and I think I’ll be taking quite a bit out of this opportunity that was given to me. I was able to see first hand how, for example, problems can arise even in daily tasks while working on a show or project. Communication or problems with the client might develop, which can cause issues with your scheduled workflow. I didn’t quite realize how much time is spent in post-production until working here. I’ll also definitely be trying to keep in touch with some of the people I met during my co-op, and who knows, maybe I’ll be back there in the future.
Onto all-nighters and demanding classes!

No comments:

Post a Comment